25MW across 24 sites: One of the largest corporate solar power portfolios in Thailand
Founded in 1967 to produce and distribute animal feed, Betagro Group has grown to become one of Thailand’s largest, most established agro-industrial and food companies today. Betagro Group is driven to bring results that benefit the community economically, socially and environmentally, as well as to stakeholders across the supply chain. The company caters to prime markets across the globe and different needs of consumers under the concept of “Quality For Life”, ensuring high standards in quality, safety and sustainability.
Solarising 24 facilities for Betagro Group
“The implementation of these solar-powered solutions are very beneficial to our operations, effectively driving down our costs and impact on the environment.”
– Vasit Taepaisitphongse, CEO and President of Betagro Group.
- Betagro Group owns a large number of properties, and needed to reduce overall operational costs
- Many of Betagro Group’s facilities were old and the roofs needed repair
- Betagro Group was looking for a solution that did not require a big upfront investment
- Betagro Group could not afford any disruption to business operations
Number of facilities
System size (total)
26,000 tons / year
CO2 emissions avoided
Equivalent number removed
Renewable energy penetration